When people are getting their product or service off the ground, they often take to various social networks with commendable zeal. The trouble is, they go about it with a “Hey guys, look at me!” approach that quickly gets old and causes people to tune them out.
If you look at the most successful bloggers on the web, you notice something interesting about the material on their sites: they highlight other people. And ideas. And helpful resources.
This is in stark contrast to what we see plastered on various social networks, isn’t it?
- Friend us on Facebook!
- Become a fan of our site!
- Subscribe! Comment!
- Become a part of our community!
- Look at what we’re doing over here!
Nobody cares. Seriously.
- Do something useful, remarkable, or helpful
- Help as many people as possible
- Call attention to others