It’s not hard to engineer pleasurable experiences into customer interactions.
Here’s what people want:
- To get what they ask
- For you to deliver on your promise(s)
- Simple interactions with no curveballs
Here’s what people won’t tell you that they want (but do):
- To be appreciated for their business
- To feel like they got a bargain
- To be given special treatment
And here’s what can be done to delight them:
- Deliver service faster than you say you will
- Extend exclusive offers to valuable customers
- Provide good news, positive reinforcement, and genuine gratitude when transactions are processed
If you build success into your process (timelines you can beat, prices that can be lowered, etc.), you lose nothing. What you stand to gain, however, is tremendous.